Thursday 27 May 2010

Art and Love

Exhibition of Salvador Dali masterpieces was amazing! There were no advertisement in mass media... And it was held in a really strange place, something like bad quality business centre... So at first I thought that it was fake. But it was really Dali!!! And the guide was owner of the collection. He made us laugh while telling about people who wanted to touch sculptures. "Agony of Love" is extremely popular among people who like to touch everything :)

After the excursion I bought book about Dali and Gala. He really adored this woman. And when I was coming back home today I was looking through album with her photos. She wasn't beautiful... It's really a mystery. And Lilia Brick who drove Mayakovsky mad wasn't beautiful... And lover of last russian Tsar Nickolay II Matilda Kshesinskaya wasn't beautiful... It's a phenomenon!!!

Day ended with a brilliant lecture about Edvard Munch, famous norwegian painter. He was really crazy, but I do like some of his works: Madonna, Vampire, Ashes. His style reminds me of Van Gogh. And there is a really close connection between this painters. I mean they have common pr-agent ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment