Monday 3 May 2010

More honest

Greenpeace Ship
Today was Open Day at Greenpeace Ship "Beluga II". It's very nice eco-friendly river ship built in Germany. With a group of other people I made a tour of it. There we were shown wheelhouse, recycling bins, cabin and kitchen. And when I saw food that crew eat I thought why I can't like Greenpeace much. Of course, they are doing a really great job. But their efforts of saving our Planet seems to me a little bit dissimulative.

A lot of Greenpeace volunteers are not vegan and aren't even vegetarians! Most of them I saw today were in leather boots... They talk about pollution and about waste products, but they don't want to refuse eating meat, eggs, drinking milk. But Meat Factories also produce a lot of waste products! And meat isn't what human really need to eat. And leather isn't what human really need to wear. So it's easy to refuse.

Greenpeace is great organisation, but it can be much better! They should be more honest not with society but with themselves. Only my opinion. And I like you, guys! But maybe try to be animal-friendly?

No comments:

Post a Comment