Friday 7 May 2010

Roerich and Konchalovsky

Wednesday and Thursday were really full of events. Yesterday I had an excursion to Nicholas Roerich exhibition. I were never interested in his paintings or his biography, but when I visited this really big and full exhibition I decided to read about this wonderful artist. He was a traveller also and liked India very much. He also created Roerich Pact or Treaty on the Protection of Artistic and Scientific Institutions and Historic Monuments. I hold this artist in high respect for such thing and for his philosophy also! His paintings of mountains impressed me. So last night I was watching his masterpieces in the internet and went to bed very late.

No wonder that today I woke up late and had no time to drink coffee. I was trying to read Virginia Woolf while travelling by subway. But I was too sleepy and couldn't understand a word... I had rather interesting lection on Modern Philosophy and I had a really nice walk to the city center.After a cup of coffee there I felt much better and finally woke up.

After that I went to State Russian Museum and had a very interesting excursion to Petr Konchalovsky exhibition. Our guide Alexey Kurbanovsky is an amazing man. I have heard about him before but today I had a chance to listen to him myself. Excursion was rather long but after it I could made my opinion about Konchalovsky. I mean that I visited this exhibition some weeks ago alone. And then I couldn't understand my feelings about his paintings. After our wonderful guide told us that most of Konchalovsky's works were painted under the strong influence of other famous artists (Matisse, Picasso, Van Gogh and others) I realized why I dislike him. It seems to me that he isn't really an artist because almost every picture was painted in someone's manner.

Then I and my friend Mary decided to attend lecture on modern art by Kurbanovsky. I don't like modern art, but I always happy to get new information. And also I got added evidence that lecturer is an amazing narrator. Without any doubt I will attend his next lecture.

I got really tired today. And my foot hurts. I should have a rest tomorrow and stay at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment