Sunday 11 April 2010

The Artefact Exhibition


One of the most exciting museum I've ever visited in my life is "Titanic: The Artefact Exhibition" in Madrid. As it's written on its official page the exhibition has ended. And about 100 000 people have seen it.

I think everybody knows this tragic story of the largest passenger steamship. It was going from England to the USA, but it sank in the Atlantic Ocean. As you see the history of the ship has no connection with Madrid. So when I was walking through Plaza de Colon and suddenly saw a poster advertising the exhibition I was deluded...


But I bought a ticket and got a boarding pass. The same as all Titanic passengers were given.

The exhibition opened with history of building the ship. Also the cabins of the first and third class were shown. And a big collection of dishes and other artifacts recovered during the expeditions. Among the things belonged to the passangers were bags, books, jewellery, etc. But the most exciting thing for me was perfume oils set. It's unbeliviable but you can still feel the smell of them!

1 comment: