Monday 19 April 2010

Monday walk

Today I and my friend Mary went to the excursion to Presidental Library. Before we were let inside we had been checked like at the airport. Our guide looked like Oksana Fyodorova (Miss Universe 2001), but not like scientist. I know that it's very difficult to get a card to this VIP-library. But I realised that access to reading rooms is useless. You aren't allowed to take necessary book and you can look through it only using computer. So it's better to go to other ordinary library.

After this 20-minutes excursion we got outside this unpleasant building and saw a very common for St.Petersburg but very interesting natural phenomenon. One part of the sky were pastoral blue. Another part was dark. And the border was very clear. We went to see New Holland Island, which will be destroyed soon... Although people aren't let to go to the island, it's my favourite place. Huge gates and brick-red buildings are majestic!!! I am addicted to industrial architecture!!!


At the end of our walk Mary showed me second-hand bookshop where I found two postcards kit: reproductions of paintings by Grigory Soroka and Alber Marquet. I like Marquet's style very much. Especially his "St. Trinity Square in Paris" (1911). It's breathtaking view, isn't it?...

No comments:

Post a Comment