Saturday 24 April 2010

Book Fair


Today I spent about 5 hours searching for some interesting books at the International Book Fair. There were a lot of books, but most of them were rubbish! I wanted to find Faulkner, but I couldn't...

My friend Kate managed to buy "Stephen Hero" by James Joyce. Some days ago I realised that I wanted to read his "Ulysses". And I ordered it at the internet bookshop. This year Book Fair was rather boring. There weren't any famous authors there... But there were a lot of religious literature... I don't like it.

Also there was Flower Salon in exhibition complex. Very nice! I enjoyed a lot of interesting flower compositions, my favourite garden gnomes and other cute figures...

And after that I found what I really wanted to have. It's "Gone with the wind" by Margaret Mitchell. The book looks like a brick. It's small and very very thick. I'm going to read it soon after I finish another story about Civil War.

Oh! And I bought a lot of lovely postcards! It was a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment