Saturday 10 April 2010

Horses can read

Film of very talented journalist Alexander Nevzorov "Lectio Equaria Palestra" convinced me that horses almost as clever as we are. Just look at the eyes of these gorgeous animals! Of course, all animals are clever creatures. But I could never imagined that horses can read and understand letters, pictures and teacher's verbal requests.

"L.E.P." is a kind of ancient practice. The main point is that our mind is similar to horse's. Nevzorov proves it in his movie. Small child can't read. He even doesn't know letters. But we can teach a child. And after this film I'm sure that horses can be taught too. Author showes teaching methods he uses. When horse learns a new word, it have to pass a simple test. A picture of something familiar to horse is shown. Animal takes special cards with letters and "writes" the word.

In addition to lessons with horse an exciting story of "L.E.P." is shown in this film. Nevzorov made a great work! And it's a pity that there are only few articles about this practice in the internet. I'm interested in topic and I think I will go to library to find some books about it. I'm really impressed...

No comments:

Post a Comment