Saturday 17 April 2010

Involuntary


Yesterday I watched "De ofrivilliga" or "Involuntary" as it's translated in english. It should have been a swedish comedy by Ruben Östlund. But it was the strangest film I have ever seen. There are a lot of heroes in this movie: sincere teacher, stupid school girls, man who hurt his eye with firecracker... All film consists of stories about these people. But they aren't completed! So when the closing credits appeared I understood that I didn't get the main idea of the film... I was disappointed.

As a bonus video short movie "Incedent by a bank" by the same director was shown. It got Golden Bear as Best Short Film in Berlinale in 2010. Östlund tells a story about failed bank robbery, which really took place in 2006. It's interesting because it was filmed without any cut. But I think it's not an Art par excellence!

After the cinema I met my friend Julia. We wanted to attend lecture about USSR movies, but it was postponed to April 27. Unfortunately my cultural thirst wasn't satisfied yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment